The unlikely lawman [large print] / by Steve Kelton.
"Elmer Kelton's Hewey Calloway, one of the best-loved cowboys in all of Western fiction, returns in this novel of his middling years, as he looks for work--but not too much work--in 1904 West Texas. Hewey Calloway is heading north to Colorado, on a horse drive for an old friend, Alvin Lawdermilk, when he gets word that one of his hired hands is planning to rob him. After the plot is foiled, the fugitive horsehand is on the run and leaving bodies in his wake. Deputized to help bring the criminal to justice, Hewey is bestowed with a weight of responsibility that he's long avoided. Never known for his skill--or lack thereof--with a pistol, he can only pray that he and retired Texas Ranger Hanley Baker will be enough to put an end to this trail of dastardly deeds. Steve Kelton's The Unlikely Lawman will transport you to an Old West full of duplicity, gunfights, and the often-unforgiving hardships of frontier life."-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9798885781664
- Physical Description: 335 pages (large print) ; 22 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine : Wheeler Publishing, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cowboys > West (U.S.) > Fiction.
Frontier and pioneer life > Fiction.
Colorado > Fiction.
Texas > Fiction.
Large print books.
Search for related items by series
- 8 of 10 copies available at NC Cardinal. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Fontana Regional Library.
- 0 current holds with 10 total copies.