The war librarian [large print] / Addison Armstrong.
"1918. Timid and shy Emmaline Balakin lives more in books than her own life. That is, until an envelope crosses her desk at the Dead Letter Office bearing a name from her past, and Emmaline decides to finally embark on an adventure of her own--as a volunteer librarian on the frontlines in France. But when a romance blooms as she secretly participates in a book club for censored books, Emmaline will need to find more courage within herself than she ever thought possible in order to survive. 1976. Kathleen Carre is eager to prove to herself and to her nana that she deserves her acceptance into the first coed class at the United States Naval Academy. But not everyone wants female midshipmen at the Academy, and after tragedy strikes close to home, Kathleen becomes a target. To protect herself, Kathleen must learn to trust others even as she discovers a secret that could be her undoing" -- Page  of cover.
- ISBN: 9798885784122
- Physical Description: 519 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, ME : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2022.
- Copyright: ©2022
Includes discussion questions.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||United States. Navy > Women > Fiction.
World War, 1914-1918 > Libraries > Fiction.
|Genre:||Large print books.
Search for related items by series
- 8 of 13 copies available at NC Cardinal. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Fontana Regional Library.
- 0 current holds with 13 total copies.