The second : race and guns in a fatally unequal America / Carol Anderson.
Investigates the history and impact of the Second Amendment, how it was designed, and how it has been constructed from the start to keep African Americans powerless and vulnerable.
- ISBN: 9781635574258
- ISBN: 1635574250
- Physical Description: 258 pages ; 25 cm
- Publisher: New York : Bloomsbury Publishing, 2021.
- Copyright: ©2021
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-239) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction: "Why did you shoot him, Sir?" -- "Sheep will never make a revolution" -- Keeping a ferocious monster in chains -- The right to kill Negroes -- How can I be unarmed when my blackness is the weapon that you fear? -- Epilogue: Racism lies around like a loaded weapon.
Search for related items by subject
- 28 of 28 copies available at NC Cardinal. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Fontana Regional Library.
- 0 current holds with 28 total copies.