Machines that think! / Don Brown.
"Machines That Think! explores machines from ancient history to today that perform a multitude of tasks, from making mind-numbing calculations to working on assembly lines to guiding spaceships to the moon. Included are fascinating looks at the world's earliest calculators, the birth of computer programming, and the arrival of smartphones. Contributors discussed include Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī, Ada Lovelace, and Bill Gates. From the abacus to artificial intelligence, machines through the ages have pushed the boundaries of human capability and creativity."-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781419740985
- ISBN: 1419740989
- Physical Description: 124 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 21 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Amulet Books, 
- Copyright: ©2020
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Study Program Information Note:||
Accelerated Reader AR MG 6.4 1 513229.
Search for related items by subject
Comics (Graphic works)
Search for related items by series
- 29 of 33 copies available at NC Cardinal. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Fontana Regional Library.
- 0 current holds with 33 total copies.