The fellowship of the ring : being the first part of The lord of the rings / by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- 25 of 32 copies available at NC Cardinal. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Fontana Regional Library.
1 current hold with 32 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Albert Carlton - Cashiers Community Library||J TOLKIEN (Text)||39493107111090||Juvenile Fiction||Available||-|
|Macon County Public Library||F TOLKIEN (Text)||39493107617831||Adult Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0395082544
- ISBN: 9780395082546
- ISBN: 0395272238
- ISBN: 9780395272237
- Physical Description: viii, 423 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: 2nd ed.
- Publisher: Boston : Houghton Mifflin Co., , c1965.
|General Note:|| "The text of this edition ... constitutes an authoritative edition"--T.p. verso.
"Note on the text" / David A. Anderson: p. [v]-viii.
|Summary, etc.:|| In ancient times the Rings of Power were crafted by the Elven-smiths, and Sauron, the Dark Lord, forged the One Ring, filling it with his own power so that he could rule all others. But the One Ring was taken from hiim, and though he sought it throughout Middle-earth, it remained lost to him. After many ages it fell into the hands of Bilbo Baggins, as told in The Hobbit. In a sleep village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins is faced with an immense task, as the elderly Bibo entrusts the ring to his care. Frodo must make a periolous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Baggins, Frodo > Fiction.
Middle Earth (Imaginary place) > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- The lord of the rings / by J.R.R. Tolkien ; pt. 1
- Tolkien, J. R. R. (John Ronald Reuel), 1892-1973. Lord of the rings (1986) ; pt. 1.
- The lord of the rings ; pt. 1, The fellowship of the ring.